- Categorized in: Adults, Advanced, ESL Activities, ESL Warmers, High School, Intermediate, Team Games
ESL Activity: Tongue Twisters
Do you have a tongue twister that isn't here? Leave a comment and it'll be added to this list!
Variations for tongue twisters: Once a class has the grasp of a tongue twister and can say it pretty easily then get each member of the class to say one word each. IE for the tongue twister: "How Much Wood Can a Wood-Chuck Chuck?" S1 How S2 Much S3 Wood S4 Can S5 A S6 Wood S7 Chuck S8 Chuck
Get the students to challenge each other by making up their own tongue twisters.
Here are a few sites that contain hundreds of tongue twisters:
- http://www.uebersetzung.at/twister/en.htm - This site contains over 400 tounge twisters.
- http://pachome1.pacific.net.sg/%7Esantheep/twist.htm - This site has a large variety of unique tongue twisters.
- http://fun-with-words.com/tong_poems.html">Fun With Words</a> - This site has many great tongue twisters as well as a variety of other word games.
- http://www.indianchild.com/tongue_twisters.htm - Lots of great tongue twisters for children.